Week 3

Thursday, July 31, 2014

I´m starting to really enjoy myself here. The classes may still get boring, but i´ve been doing it long enough that I don´t really think about it. I guess I´ve gotten into a groove. I still am looking forward to the day I get to leave the CCM and get out in the mission field. That is coming up pretty soon! Only a couple more weeks and I´ll get to spend all of my time out on the streets. That is going to be so much fun! I just can´t wait.

One miracle that has happened this week was my companion Elder Colby´s foot. He hurt it really badly playing basketball last week. The doctor said he might still be using crutches for a while when we get into the mission field. That night back at our casa, a bunch of Elders gathered and we gave him a blessing. The spirit was strong and the blessing said he would recover sooner than he thought. The next morning, he said it was hurting even worse, that is until he read an email from home that afternoon. I don´t know what it said or who it was from, but he immediately felt better at that point. He ditched the crutches that day and has even been playing basketball again (in spite of the doctor´s suggestion). In fact, he recovered so well that I forgot he had even been hurt until I read about it in my email from last week. This recovery not only helped physically, but it strengthened our testimonies and demonstrated to us a small portion of the power that our Heavenly Father has and the love that he has for each of us. He wants to bless us and he will as long as we have faith.

It´s a bit hard to sleep on Saturday nights at the CCM. Our casa is right by the wall, and on the other side there´s always a huge fiesta that lasts all Saturday night. That isn´t too bad though. All throughout the day and even the night we hear random explosions. At first everyone thought they were gunshots, but it turns out they are only fireworks. My only question is, Who lights off fireworks at 4:00 in the morning on a regular basis? I might never understand.

We went to the Mexico City Temple today! That was a super fun experience. The Temple itself was closed, but we went to the visitors´ center. It was a super cool visitors´center, and as the missionaries there pointed out, I´ll probably be able to bring investigators there from my mission. If they can feel the spirit there the same way I did, they´ll want to know more about the Gospel for sure.

We taught TRC yesterday, which is short lessons with real investigators or less active members. We taught one of each for about 20 minutes each. It was awesome since we didn´t know anything about them before and just had to go by the spirit. One lesson was an investigator who knew almost nothing about the gospel. The fact that she could recieve answers to her prayers and know for herself blew her mind. After the lesson, she asked us to give her a blessing of health. It was a very spiritual experience.

I´m so glad I am on my mission. The spirit has testified so strongly to me that I am doing the Lord´s will that I can´t even imagine doing anything else with my time. Hermano Terazzas, my teacher, said this week to "Pray like it depends upon God and work like it depends upon you."  This has had a great effect on me. With Heavenly Father´s help we can accomplish everything, but he will only bless us if we first do all we can do.

I am happy to be doing the Lord´s work here in Mexico.

Love,
Elder Jayson Fraser

























No comments:

Post a Comment