"Open the doors of the Celestial Kingdom"

Monday, June 15, 2015

This Saturday was Sara`s baptism. It of course was great. She was really happy and, although a bit afraid of the water, had an amazing spiritual experience. A lot of her family came, family who, as far as I know, has never stepped foot inside of a Mormon church. They all seemed to have a great time too.

Sunday was the confirmation, after which Gabi gave a talk. She may have barely been baptized, but she gave one of the best talks I`ve heard in sacrament meeting in a long time.

One of Gabi´s cousins (Sara`s nephew) is a less-active member. The rest of the family are members of almost every other church there is. We met them all a couple of days before Sara´s baptism. We are planning on visiting them more this week.

This Thursday both Gabi and Sara will be visiting the Vera Cruz temple to do baptisms. I am so glad to see their progress. Their lives have really been filled with joy and peace, and that`s what this is all about!

Usually I run out of time to write all of the things that are in my mind, but this week I can`t seem to think of anything else.

But like I said, this is a work of joy and peace. Those same feelings that others feel as they come to understand the restored gospel of Jesus Christ are what I feel as I share it. I know that this message is true and that it changes lives. But it doesn`t only change lives -- it does something more. Through the restored gospel we can recieve salvation and exhaltation at the side of our Eternal Father. That is the great importance of this work. That is why we share the gospel. Dallin H Oaks said:

“We do not preach and teach in order to ‘bring people into the Church’ or to increase the membership of the Church. We do not preach and teach just to persuade people to live better lives. … We invite all to come unto Christ by repentance and baptism and confirmation in order to open the doors of the celestial kingdom to the sons and daughters of God. No one else can do this”

I know that this is true.

Love,
Elder Jayson Frasr


Sara`s Baptism!





Companion exchanges with Elder Huxford!

You guys and the Huxford family might find it interesting to know that we`re in the same district.




No comments:

Post a Comment