I am having such a great time here in Mexico! This is such a great opportunity I have to be here helping all of these wonderful people to find their way back to their loving Heavenly Father. We are working hard to further the work, but the Spirit is working harder. Every time we teach something, it isn´t really us teaching, but the Holy Ghost. Through these testimony growing experiences that I witness others having, my testimony has been strengthened greatly. I know that the Spirit can touch the heart of anyone who is humble enough to listen in a way that will change their lives forever. Our job is to invite the Spirit and let it do the rest.
We already have investigators who are progressing greatly. One of them has come to church with us both weeks already, and several have baptismal dates planned. It is amazing to see the change that is occuring in their lives. The Gospel brings hope and peace into their lives, and I can tell the difference. This makes me want to find even more people to help come to the knowledge of our Heavenly Father´s plan. I hope more and more people will recieve our message as we try to be guided to those who are ready.
Our ward missionary activity was a testimony builder. You might consider any activity a failure if only one person shows up. Yet when that happened to us, we went on as planned and showed her the different rooms and explained the different auxilary orginizations. At the end, we showed her the baptismal font and explained that saving ordinance and the covenant and associated blessings. The Spirit was so strong during this part and after when the Stake President testified of our words and explained our callling as missionaries and how we could help her feel this peace in her life for ever. One soul was touched, so this activity was a huge success.
I guess I should comment on the food. It is great! The parents of the ward mission leader have a restaraunt in the front of their house, and they always give us great stuff. My favorite is anything al pastor -- tacos, tortas, gringas, you name it. We also eat with the members every day, and for the most part it is all delicious. Mom, you´d be proud of me -- I´ve eaten several salads. I still don´t like it, but I think I´ve recieved the gift of being able to put up with vegetables. The hardest food related thing was when we offered to help a sister cook some stuff really quick so she would have time to go with us to a lesson. She handed us what I´m pretty sure was half of a head of something, and we proceeded to dice it into small pieces, making sure to include everything but the bone. That night she offered to let us try a bit, and I´m pretty sure it still wasn´t cooked. Although it was one of the grossest things I´ve ever eaten, it sold out that very night. The food certainly is different here, but I really like (most of) it!
Overall I´m having a great experience here. I love walking around the streets of Mexico, talking with people (while understanding most of it), and especially the opportunities we have to preach the Gospel. Sometimes when we tell people in the first minute of conversation with them the blessings our message could bring them, they are shocked. So many people need this Gospel but simply do not know it. This is something that should be in everybody´s life. I wish I had shared it more before my mission; I am realizing now just how important it really is. I´m so glad to have this opportunity to serve the Lord and help my brothers and sisters here in Mexico.
Love,
Elder Jayson Fraser

No comments:
Post a Comment