Another Good Week

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Well this week was another good one. I wrote the paragraphs in between and planned on writing a good introduction afterwards, but I`m out of time, so here it is.

My parents (especially my mom) seemed a bit worried about my sickness, so I guess I should start there. I feel much better. I am now eating almost as much as normal. I still have a cough, and thus I still have the same conversation with everyone I meet: "Yes, I am sick." "Yes, I have a cough." "Yes, I`m already taking medicine." "Yes, I saw a doctor." This is always followed by their own professional opinion, given that everyone here is a licensed doctor. I already have been told to drink honey, syrup, and who knows how many types of tea. I`ve been offered all kinds of medicines and "all natural" remedies. Someone gave us soup but took it from me saying that I need to eat more of the meatballs instead if I am going to get better. The same thing happened when we had peaches for dessert; they gave me jello instead, because it is the magical cure. Although it is a bit annoying, all of this really has shown me that the people really are trying to look out for us. The people here genuinely care for one another. The love they have shown for me has helped a lot.

This week we had an awesome ward activity. It was a missionary activity, meaning everyone was supposed to bring friends. It was a great activity -- the choir sang, we watched videoes, testimonies were borne and the spirit was felt -- all centered on our Savior Jesus Christ. Yet what made it such a great activity is that the ward members actually kept their part of the deal. They invited their friends. The chapel was full of people, members, non-members, less- active members; there were so many people that between the two of us we couldn`t even meet all of the invited guests. We had set up a table with pamphlets, DVDs, Book of Mormons, and pictures of Christ for people to have. We though we brought way too much, but we got cleaned out. About 30 Book of Mormons were given away, all of which to people who had become seriously interested in learning more about the church. One member introduced us to the five friends he had brought. All of them were middle-aged men, none of them live in our area (they live in Chiapas, Merida, Puebla and Vera Cruz), and they all were seriously interested in everything that is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We wrote down their adresses and are sending them to the correct missionaries. The spirit was so strong there that no one could deny it. I`m sure that many people will be brought to a knowledge of the restored gospel as a result of the members opening their mouths and, in one moment of bravery, inviting their friends and loved ones to partake in the truth that they know.

Well, I also don`t have much time for a conclusion, but I`ll just say that I am doing great and I`m quite happy here. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that his son Jesus Christ is our savior. I know this with all of my heart. The Holy Spirit has manifested this truth unto me. I know by the same power that Joseph Smith truly was a prophet of God called to restore His church and kingdom here on the Earth, just as in times of old. I know that the pattern of revelation continues today, both to a living prophet Thomas S. Monson, and to individual honest seekers of truth. If you are laking wisdom, ask God. If you ask sincerely, with faith that he will answer, you will be able to know the truth of any and all things. God truly loves each and every one of us. This is my humble testimony that I bear in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Jayson Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment