Well, I truly have no idea what to write about this week. I feel like it hasn´t been a week since I last wrote. This letter will be a bit short (unless I say that and then start ranting, in which case it may be long). I don´t know where to start, so I´ll just write some stuff.
We´re planning on going to Cruz Azul after we finish writing. Cruz Azul is a cement company, or rather, it is THE cement company. It is so huge that it has it´s own town with a professional soccer team and everything. Around here everything has the Cruz Azul logo on in (and yes, the logo is a blue cross). The reason for that is a combination of two facts: everyone loves soccer and everyone works there. Not really everyone works there, of course, but quite a few people do. I haven´t been there yet, so it should be fun.
I´m feeling a lot better, but now my companion is getting sick. We´re hoping that he didn´t catch what I had.
As for lessons and stuff, this week was pretty good. We had some lessons with our investigators, but they aren´t progressing. We are working hard to help them, but we can´t make them progress. For now we´ll just do all that we can and keep looking for new investigators. That is where we really need to improve. We will be searching for many new investigators this week.
Although I don´t have much to say, I can still say that I know that this church is true, and I can say it with more conviction than I could last week. Working in the Lord´s vineyard, you always are improving yourself and your testimony. By studying hard every day, praying constantly, and seeking the guidance of the Spirit, I have come closer to a sure knowledge of this Gospel every day. As explained in Alma 32, you can plant a seed in your heart and experiment to see if it grows. The seed represents the word, or the Gospel. As you place the gospel in your heart, if it is a good seed, a tree (or a testimony) will grow. Yet it will only grow as you exercise your faith, or nurture the tree, watering it and pulling weeds and whatever else it takes. Once you have recieved the Gospel and you want a firm testimony that it is true, you just need to work hard through dilligent scripture study, prayer, and chruch attendance to nurture your testimony. If you do this, keeping an eye out for weeds and plucking them out, your testimony will grow into a tall, strong tree and you will be able to say without a doubt that you know that God lives and loves us, that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and that His church, gospel, and priesthood aurhority have been restored to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith. If you feel you already have a testimony, never stop nourishing it our it may wither away. If you don´t have this testimony, plant the seed and nourish it. Expirament upon the word, and see whether or not the seed is good. You will one day be able do enjoy the fruits of that tree.
Love,
Elder Jayson Fraser

No comments:
Post a Comment