Christmas in Atizapan

Monday, December 28, 2015


Pues, estas han sido unas semanas muy interesantes. Donde empiezo...

Last week I didn´t write a letter here because the website was down. But I had the oportunity to talk to you guys a bit by Skype, it being Christmas time. So you already know of the biggest news here, that I´m in a new area with 2 new companions. I´ll tell a bit about them.

Elder Bierman is from Salt Lake City, and Elder Flores is from Torreón, Coahuila. They´ve got 1 and 2 transfers (of six weeks each) less than me in the mission, respectively. They´re both really cool; we all get along well. We´re working hard here in the area and all of our other assignments.

We´re in the Atizapan ward, Valle Dorado stake. Our area is right by my first area, Alamedas. Even though it´s a different stake, we go to the same chapel. So I´ve ran into a couple of people that I knew a year ago. They all seem to agree that my spanish sure has improved.

The first baptism in my mission was of Araceli, who at the time lived in Alamedas. But now she and her husband Isaac and their baby Leonardo (who was yet to be born when I was in Alamedas) live in the Atizapan ward, just around the corner from our house. I, of course, was glad to see them continuing faithful. Isaac is young men´s president and Araceli is in the young women´s presidency. It´s been really cool seeing them working to bring more youth to the ward activities. A couple of days ago they accompanied us to a couple of lessons. It was really cool seeing them share their testimony and explain how they came to know for themselves of the truthfulness of the restored gospel.

I don´t have too much time right now, so I guess I´ll have to tell you more next week. But just know that everything is going well here in Atizapan! I love serving the Lord here in this great mission!!

Love,
Elder Jayson Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment